Monday, February 15, 2010

Car Seat

So, I went to Sam's Club today with the kids. It was the first day for Eve and Samuel to both sit in the cart together. And, the first day for Samuel to be in a "big boy" car seat (he out grew the Graco). I always have a little struggle getting Eve into her car seat. You know the routine, she arches her back and grabs onto anything immobile as I'm putting her into the seat. Trying her hardest to thwart my attempts to keep her safe on the road. I usually dish out the harsh look, a stern warning and push her back into her car seat. Today, however, when pushing on her, I saw the ridiculousness of the situation and started to laugh. Of course, she's crying great crocodile tears of "abuse" and I have my head right in front of hers. She stops crying and starts laughing too. It took us a couple minutes to both calm down.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that story. She's learning from you how to handle life and it's so great that you laugh, rather than grow frustrated. You're such a good mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I thought maybe Sarah was born without the ability to bend at the waist. Simone is starting to do that now too. ARGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete