Friday, May 29, 2009

The Ball Machine

My generous sister-in-law, Kate, passed down a ball machine that “her kids” didn’t want anymore. I say “her kids” because I now think that she secretly has hostile feelings toward the machine. I know this because; I now feel the same way.

Samuel woke up for the day at 2:30am so, when Eve woke up at 6:30, I pulled out some toys and thought I’d just lie on the couch and rest. The nice, quiet toys that I pulled out were abandoned and I heard the sound of a heavy, plastic toy being dragged over our Berber carpeting. The Beast was being dragged from storage to a more convenient location – next to my head. The button was pushed and a song that sounds like a bee on speed cranked up, only to be followed by “Rockin’ Robin” with a multiple personality disorder. I had to laugh at how completely annoying the entire, sleep-deprived experience was.

3 comments:

  1. Haha you should have put generous in quotation makes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a video of this demonic toy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. I'm more sorry for you being up since 2:30 a.m. I think. But then add a toy like that...well you have to laugh, b/c otherwise you may start crying and not stop! :)

    ReplyDelete